Featured Vacation RentalBig Oaks Pointe -- Less Than A Mile Walk from Downtown With Wooded Seclusion, a Seasonal View, and Sheltered Hot Tub
Property Code: Morning Sun Retreat
Morning Sun Retreat -- Savor the Fresh Mountain Privacy You Crave at this All-Wood Cabin with a Fire Pit, Wi-Fi, and Xbox 360 Just 20 Minutes from the Great Smoky Mountain Railroad
Available to Reserve Online 24/7
Sunrise fans slowly over the mountains. Huge windows reveal deep woods. Mountains peak thru pristine woods. Birdsong floats thru the large yard. Fire up the grill for tasty meals on the breezy deck. Marshmallows at the fire pit complete your adventures.
You’ll Love Morning Sun Retreat! Savor peace and quiet at Morning Sun Retreat as you breathe in the fresh mountain air. See the mountains peaking through the trees providing wooded seclusion plus a view of the Great Smokys. Let your spirit feel restored at Morning Sun Retreat.
Morning Sun Retreat is a well-appointed log cabin. As you open the front door you will find the soaring cathedral ceiling, huge clerestory windows, and the glowing wood interior.
The open great room includes a living room with a flat panel HD 42 inch TV, a dining room with a large solid wood table, and a modern kitchen. The windows will surround you as you relax on the cozy sofa or in the lounge chair.
Relax in the upstairs loft with a futon, desk, and TV. Past the loft, the master suite has a Queen size bed, a book nook, plus a spacious bathroom with a jetted bath tub.
Downstairs you’ll find the second bedroom with an adjacent bathroom and the third bedroom with a bunk bed of a twin over a full.
Outside you can play ball or throw a Frisbee in the flat, grassy back yard, or you can toast marshmallows over the fire pit. Take in the mountain serenity from the rocking chairs on the porch. Two large boulders, keepsakes from the original site, frame the green landscape.
Morning Sun Retreat is convenient to adventure: the cabin is just minutes to the Nantahala River with kayaking and canoeing, Fontana Lake, tubing at Deep Creek, biking at the Tsali Recreation Area, Harrahs' Cherokee Casino, and fishing on the Oconaluftee River.
Morning Sun Retreat, however, has so many great amenities, you may not want to leave the cabin!
Families with kids will love how kid friendly Morning Sun Retreat is! The cabin is equipped with Board Games, a High Chair/Booster Chair, a Stroller, a Portable Crib, Toys and Children’s Books, plus a large and flat grassy yard perfect for enjoying a game of tag.
♦ Past Guests of Morning Sun Retreat share their Mountain Experiences:
- " The cabin is beautiful and well maintained. Everyone absolutely loved staying there. We had many ages in our party including a senior, teenagers and a 2 year old. Everyone loved this cabin and hopes to return for another visit. This cabin offers beauty, seclusion, nature and everything you need inside to be comfortable. We wanted a comfortable place to stay in the Smoky Mountains. I came across this one on the internet and it was beautiful and reasonably priced." - Diana, Stayed June 2014
- "We love it! Very calm and quiet place. Very relaxing environment. We love the privacy of the property. The cabin is really clean. We would definitely like to visit it again in the Fall to enjoy the color change." - Farhana, Stayed April 2014
For more reviews, please scroll down.
• Central AC & Heat
• Ceiling Fans
• Table Top Air Hockey
• Electric Fireplace for comfortable Year Round Use
• Satellite TV + DVD Player
• Wireless Internet Access
• Xbox 360 Kinect
• Fire Pit
• Covered Porch + Open Deck with Outdoor Furniture
• Gas Grill
• Security System
• Blow Dryer
Fully Equipped Kitchen with Stainless Steel Appliances:
• Refrigerator with Ice Maker
• Electric Range & Oven
• Black n Decker Coffee Maker (basket filter)
• Clothes Washer and Dryer
3 Bedrooms & 2 Baths: The private suite bedroom upstairs has a queen-size bed, a book nook and a private bath with jetted tub. The upstairs open loft area has a futon, desk and TV. The second bedroom on the main floor has a queen-size bed. The third bedroom has a bunk bed of two twin beds. The main floor has a full bathroom.
• Not Pet Friendly
• Not Motorcycle Accessible
• Yes - Internet
Maximum capacity of up to 7 is based on county guidelines.
Available to Reserve Online 24/7
Rental Rates and Seasons: (USD)
* Rates are subject to change without notice. Pricing excludes taxes, additional options and fees.
Morning Sun Retreat is in the middle of it all! Here are drive times and mileage to the best loved things to do in the mountains:
• Harrahs Cherokee Casino is a 25 minute drive, or 20 miles
• The Great Smoky Mountains Railroad is a 20 minute drive, or 7 miles
• The NOC (Nantahala Outdoor Center) is a 24 minute drive, or 13 miles
• White Water Rafting is a 20 minute drive, or 10 miles
• Deep Creek in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park is a 20 minute drive, or 9 miles
• The Visitors Center (Oconaluftee) for the Great Smoky Mountains National Park is a 35 minute drive, or 20 miles
• The Biltmore Estate is an hour and 20 minute drive, or 70 miles
High Point, US
Reviewed: Nov 1, 2014
Stayed: Oct 2014
Rocky Mount, US
Reviewed: Oct 21, 2014
Stayed: Oct 2014
High Pointe, NC
Reviewed: Oct 12, 2014
Beautiful Cabin! We came up for the Western Game Go Cats! We one so it was a great weekend. Thanks for everything, we will be back.
Reviewed: Sep 17, 2014
Stayed: Sep 2014
Awesome and far out! I would love to come back to stay longer. The view was great. I wanted to show my sister who is still here visiting from Oregon the smoky mountain.
San Bernardino, US
Reviewed: Jul 18, 2014
Stayed: Jun 2014
Reviewed: Jun 17, 2014
My husband and I brought our youngest 3 children here for a summer vacation. The cabin is so beautiful. The kids loved the yard and having the board games, tubing, hiking and lots of walking thru the "Wheels of Time" It was well worth the trip. This has been an amazing vacation. We hope to come back again next summer.
Reviewed: Apr 10, 2014
Stayed: Apr 2014
Mt Pleasant, US
Reviewed: Apr 2, 2014
Stayed: Mar 2014
Reviewed: Mar 5, 2014
Stayed: Feb 2014