When making reservations during the winter months, you must consider the possibilities that inclement winter weather will affect your stay. During the months of November through March, dangerous snow or ice storms are possible in the Western North Carolina Mountains.
- Check the weather forecast and road conditions before you leave home. Here is a link for your convenience. Enter 28713 for the zip code.
- Make sure you have in your car: warm clothing, blankets, boots, food, flashlights and water.
The NC Department of Transportation now provides current road conditions in real time for your cell phone. To access this, type m.ncdot.gov into the browser for your smart phone.
- Keep your car full of gas as well.
- Plan to arrive before dark as our mountain roads do not have street lights and road conditions tend to deteriorate at night.
- Purchase your groceries before you arrive at your cabin.
If a strong winter storm (snow or ice) is forecasted for the area of our rental cabins, we reserve the right to proactively cancel reservations on cabins that, at our discretion, may have their road condition reduced to limited or no access by snow or ice. This is strictly a road safety issue – our first and foremost concern is for your safety and the safety of our staff.
- We recommend you come prepared with a proper vehicle for driving on mountain roads and snow and ice. Minivans do not do well on winter mountain roads.
Please understand that we cannot be responsible for the conditions of the roads or driveways nor will we reimburse for towing or scraping of roads.
At the time of the cancellation, we will contact the guest listed on the reservation by phone and email. We will make every attempt to move you to a safer cabin for the same dates as the original reservation. Or, we will allow you to reschedule your reservation at the same cabin within the next 180 days. Our cancellation policy of NO REFUNDS is in force for any cancellations within 30 days of the reservation.
In the event that you so choose to keep your reservation after we have advised you NOT TO COME, you are responsible for your own safety. We will not be held liable and will not refund or reschedule your stay. You may also not be allowed to enter the cabin should you be able to get to it – if you access the cabin after we have cancelled your reservation without our permission, you will be trespassing.